[cc-sampling] (no subject)

L. O. E. lezziesonx at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 3 09:28:17 EST 2004

hello,

i'm part of a canadian electronic band that uses old songs as the base for
new songs - specifically - we take lesbian folk music and turn it into
techno/dance music. we don't sample any of the original, but we'll use one
vocal pass or a recognizable keyboard part, all of it re-played and VERY
different from the original.

we want to release our album into the creative commons, but i'm not sure how
it works with the licensing of the original work. of course we could just do
it and not worry about any original licenses, but if we did pay for the
license to the songwriter, could we put their work into the creative
commons? would they have to agree to it? when does it become OUR work?

thanks
bernie

http://www.elektrolysis.com/lesbo.html