[cc-sampling] Movie Samples In Songs

Z-Train Music ztrainmusic at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 22 17:03:29 EDT 2004

Negativland (god bless them) is an exception to majority of record labels.
The cost of litigation can easily sink a small label, so they tend to stay
away from uncleared samples.

To Mark's point, selling your own CDs via website, or indy record store will
probably not land you in court. But you may be hard pressed to find a label
that will sign you. Backing from a label seems to helps in a lot of
different ways -- production, distribution, air play, music publication
reviews, etc.

...btw, how many submissions does negativland receive? how many of those do
you sign?