[Cc-nz] CCANZ Panel and Roadmap

Matt McGregor Matt.McGregor at royalsociety.org.nz
Mon Sep 24 21:24:42 EDT 2012

Hi all,

As you may know, we’re currently working on securing the future sustainability of the CCANZ project. I’ll have more news on this by the end of the year.

In the meantime, I’m trying to avoid shaking up the project too much. To this end, I’d like to: a) rollover the current CCANZ roadmap for another 3 months; and b) delay changing the constitution of the panel, at least until out next meeting in November. There seems little point in bringing new voices to the panel, or redefining our priorities, until we are sure of our position post-June 2013.

However, this is an urgent need to fill one vacant panel seat, so I will be advertising for a new member, under the general category of ‘Māori knowledge communities.’ I’ll send out information on this later in the week.

Once we have some certainty—or at least a few likely scenarios—I’d like to invite the community to think about how the project should be structured in the future. I know some of you would like more community input, so that’s definitely something I can work towards. I have some ideas on how we could shake up the project for its next phase, and I look forward to the discussion.

It’s probably premature to have this discussion now, though it would be great if everyone could keep CCANZ on their radar, and then join a conversation on our future roadmap towards the end of the year.

How does this sound?

Best wishes,
Matt

Matt McGregor
Public Lead
Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand

The Royal Society of New Zealand
Twitter: @cc_aotearoa
Website: creativecommons.org.nz
DDI: +64 4 4705779 | MOB: 027 3378668
4 Halswell Street, Thorndon, PO Box 598, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
www.royalsociety.org.nz

Please consider the environment before printing this email. The information contained in this email message is intended only for the addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately.