[Cc-nz] Time to retire ND and NC

Leigh Blackall leighblackall at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 06:58:35 EDT 2012

Paul, I'm not sure anyone is making out that all rights reserved is evil,
though I somewhat detest the moralist language used, like "freedom" and
"sharing", that more than suggest one is evil and the other is not.

I think proponents of CC carry an assumption, that seamless reuse of
cultural artifacts, in a digital medium and culture of reuse, is valuable
and important to cultural continuation and development. this assumption
might need some careful reflection, as you suggest.

Some people need that assumption spelt out more, as do you, when you
rightly ask for evidence to support the assumption.