[Cc-nz] Time to retire ND and NC

Leigh Blackall leighblackall at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 06:50:18 EDT 2012

fit the record, i support the notion of stopping NC. it has a corrosive
effect I'm projects like ccmixter.org where it is impossible to create a
remix with NC works and release it in a more permissable license. As a
result, I have observed ccmixter has very little permissable work available
in it now.

I don't enjoy or join the borderline moralist rhetoric of "free culture"
though, and think it a shame that it pervades this topic of discussion. I'd
rather check just how much CC and "free culture" pundits actually serve to
reinforce an impoverished understanding of culture, governed under three
notion if copyright, and the market rationale.