[Cc-nz] Guide to Creative Commons and the Arts

helen varley jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Thu Sep 13 04:41:41 EDT 2012

hi matt,
what happened to the case studies that were on the web site? a couple of
years ago a case study was done on our project UpStage, & it was on the
CC nz site along with several other arts projects. now they don't seem
to be there. it's a shame if those case studies have been lost.

you might like to put these questions to ADA, the aotearoa digital arts
network (http://www.ada.net.nz/). there must be ADA members on this list
but there will be others who aren't, & many ADA artists are working
within creative commons & would have examples of work, writing etc.

h : )

On 13/09/12 12:43 AM, Matt McGregor wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm about to start work on a series of resources on Creative Commons
> in the arts. This is a particularly thorny topic, so I'm asking the
> community for a bit of help. What arguments would you make to artists
> about using CC? What are some good examples of work (blog posts, case
> studies, etc) on this that already exists? And what case studies would
> you like to see written?
>
> I'd greatly appreciate any and all suggestions on this. Take 'Arts' to
> refer to cultural work in general.
>
> With your help, I'll write up a few things over the next few weeks and
> throw it on the wiki.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Matt
>
> *Matt McGregor *
>
> *Public Lead*
>
> *Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand
>
> **---------------**---------------**---------------**---------------**---------------**---------------
> **The Royal Society of New Zealand
> **Twitter: @cc_aotearoa*
>
> *Website: creativecommons.org.nz*
>
> *DDI: *+64 4 4705779 | *MOB: 027 3378668*
> 4 Halswell Street, Thorndon, PO Box 598, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
> www.royalsociety.org.nz
>
> /Please consider the environment before printing this email. The
> information contained in this email message is intended only for the
> addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please notify us immediately./

> Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand
> http://www.creativecommons.org.nz/

helen varley jamieson: creative catalyst
helen at creative-catalyst.com
http://www.creative-catalyst.com
http://www.make-shift.net
http://www.upstage.org.nz