[Cc-nz] unConference Announcenment - "New Zealand's Digital Futures"

Erika Pearson erika.pearson at otago.ac.nz
Wed Oct 28 15:29:55 EDT 2009

IRGO is pleased to be hosting the inaugural IRGO unConference on the
23rd and 24th of November 2009 at the Centre for Innovation,
University of Otago, Dunedin.  The topic of the unConference is "New
Zealand's Digital Futures."  Our opening address will be by Professor
Greg Hearn, Director of the Institute for Creative Industries and
Innovation at QUT and the closing speaker is Rod Snodgrass, Group
Director Strategy at Telecom.

The unConference aims to bring together scholars and practitioners
from around the region to discuss the future of the internet from
multiple perspectives.  In particular, the conference will focus
around three key questions.  Firstly, what might be possible for the
future internet of the region?  Secondly, what will citizens want from
the internet in the future (two, five, ten years ahead)?  And thirdly,
what potential internet problems or issues will we have to navigate in
the immediate future?

As this is an unConference, the direction of the discussion is up to
you.  We are using a submission system where people can suggest topics
for panels, nominate panelists, and even vote topics up or down.  The
final list of topics will be decided by popular vote -- and you do not
need to be a registered attendee to vote!  We will be making
conference artifacts available online, so anyone interested can
nominate and vote on topics.  Submissions close November 5th.

Finally, thanks to University of Otago, registration is FREE. However,
places are limited, and registration closes October 30th, so please
register ASAP to confirm your place.

For general information on the conference: http://irgo.otago.ac.nz/glance.html
To view, vote or submit a topic: http://irgo.slinkset.com/
For registration: http://irgo.otago.ac.nz/registration.html

Please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.  If you have
any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us through the
website or via email: irgo at otago.ac.nz

We look forward to seeing you in November

The IRGO steering committee
http://irgo.otago.ac.nz