[Cc-nz] Are you using a CC-NZ license?? was RE: nz cc marker

Danyl Strype strypey at riseup.net
Sun Apr 20 09:07:18 EDT 2008

Kia ora koutou

I am visiting Te Wai Pounamu at present, so if anyone down south
(especially Otautahi/ Christchurch or Otepoti/ Dunedin) wants to meet
up for discussions about CC and other free culture issues, please give
me an email or a text on 021 11 77 578 (more reliable).

Quoting "Sutherland, Paul" <Paul.Sutherland at ccc.govt.nz>:

>> Who in New Zealand is using a CC-NZ license? <<

I have attempted to license my experimental sandbox homepage under the
generic cc-license. When I get around to the extensive overhaul it
needs, I intend to replace the generic license with the Aotearoa/NZ
license, and embed the license information properly in all the pages
on the site.

How I do this depends on whether I
a) stick to plain html, perhaps including cc-nz license metadata as
part of the css, or
b) migrate to a CMS like Drupal, in which case there ought to be a
module for incorporating cc license metadata in the whole site.

Very keen to hear about the experiences of other people who have
already been down either of these roads or tried other schemes.

>> What is your URL? <<

http://strypey.orcon.net.nz

Orcon have no plastered horrible ads all over their previously
cost-free and ad-free hosting, so if anyone can suggest a good, free
Aotearoa-based host for hompages, please let me know.

>> Should the CC-NZ website have a CC-NZ license - instead of the "(c) 2007
Humanities Research Network" <<

Absolutely. This was briefly discussed at the last board meeting I was
at but I'm not sure we actually moved a decision on it. This should be
on the agenda for the next meeting.

RnB
Danyl Strype

--

http://strypey.orcon.net.nz/
"History's a lie that they teach you in school" - Living Color