[Cc-nz] CC New Zealand

adam adam at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 28 13:53:45 EST 2006

..on Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 07:42:22AM +1300, Jasper Bryant-Greene wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't find any other countries on the
> CC worldwide page that actually have their own websites. They all seem
> to just have a page under creativecommons.org/worldwide/. Can someone
> point me in the right direction?

eg.
http://creativecommons.org/worldwide/za/
http://za.creativecommons.org/

> As far as the site goes, I'm keen to see profiles/showcases of any NZers
> releasing works under CC licenses highlighted. I could probably help
> with tracking down some of these people.

we can set up a google search on the site that seacrhes the domain 'nz' and limits the search to cc content, like this:
http://creativecommons.org/find/

but with the limiter:
&as_sitesearch=.nz

> I'd also like to see some degree of conformance to web standards with
> the website; for future maintenance's sake, it might be a good idea to
> separate presentation & content, etc. Naturally I understand that what's
> there right now is just a placeholder :)

its a placeholder yep, we can implement a content management system but I would say for now we just need a basic design with some very basic content. this could eb
flat html

adam

> Jasper
>

> adam wrote:
> > hey :)
> >
> > the domain is registered at:
> > http://www.creativecommons.org.nz/
> >
> > i am writing to chris hocquard, the lawyer i mentioned to see if hes keen
> >
> > then we need to get a site together. i was thinking we should make it the
> > _best_ CC site on the web...for a list of national CC sites you can check:
> > http://creativecommons.org/worldwide/
> >
> > there is a link to each...we can do better i rekin...
> >
> > adam
> >

> > ..on Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 11:34:20PM +1300, strypey at riseup.net
> > wrote:
> >> Kia ora Adam
> >>
> >> Hope you don't mind me cc'ing this to our list to keep the lurkers up
> >> to speed ;)
> >>
> >> How's the weather in Latvia? Be good to meet up in June if you are
> >> coming to Poneke.

> >> That would be great! Go for it.

> >> Sounds promising, go for it! Can you cc your email to the list and
> >> encourage him to subscribe if he's keen? I find it's good to have such
> >> things archived so people can read back and catch up as they get
> >> involved without loads of repetitive explanation from us.
> >>
> >> Great to have you on board.
> >>
> >> RnB
> >> Strypes

Adam Hyde
~/.nl

selected projects
http://www.xs4all.nl/~adam

the streaming suitcase
http://www.streamingsuitcase.com

r a d i o q u a l i a
http://www.radioqualia.net

Free as in 'media'
email : adam at xs4all.nl
mobile : + 31 6 186 75 356 (Netherlands mobile)