[cc-mixter] [ccMixter] Can I upload samples from Sony libraries?

Jon Phillips jon at creativecommons.org
Thu Dec 22 12:09:08 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 22:39 +0000, paulosacramento at gmail.com wrote:
> ive used lots of sony samples to create my music. so id like to know if i can upload their loops.

More than likely no.

You need to check the the license on the samples to see if it is
compatible with the Creative Commons licenses.

Email the list what type of license these samples are governed under.

If the samples are public domain, which I highly doubt, then using these
samples would be ok.

However, the best is to report back here with the type of license they
use, and then we can assess if these samples will work.

Jon

--
Jon Phillips
jon at creativecommons.org