We need <link rel="copyright">

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Wed May 25 03:26:17 EDT 2005

Hi

On Wed 25-May-2005 at 04:49:16AM +0200, Andreas Haugstrup wrote:
> Personally I don't  see why there's a need for rel="license" when
> rel="copyright" already  existed. I mean, a copyright statement is
> a license too... Anyway, I guess  it doesn't hurt to use both.

You can use both with the same link element eg:

  rel="copyright license"

rel="" is for a space seperated list:

  This attribute describes the relationship from the current document
  to the anchor specified by the href attribute. The value of this
  attribute is a space-separated list of link types.

  http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#adef-rel

Chris

--
Chris Croome                               <chris at webarchitects.co.uk>