Changes to CC Web Services

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Sun Mar 20 15:52:26 EST 2005

Henri Sivonen wrote:
> I think there needs to be a warning mechanism saying that the licenses
> for the selected jurisdiction have been updated elsewhere and the
> licensor should consider using the "Generic" 2.0 licenses.

I doubt that would fly, at least on the CC website.  The last thing we
need to do is confuse users more.

Via the API if you want to check whether a newer "generic" version is
available than is available in your jurisdiction of interest, invoke the
API again without a jurisdiction, compare licenses obtained.

--
   Mike Linksvayer
   http://creativecommons.org/about/people#21