License Validation Web Application

dcrkid at optonline.net dcrkid at optonline.net
Fri Oct 17 16:00:49 EDT 2003

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:26:24 -0400
> From: Susheel Daswani <sdaswani at limepeer.com>
> Subject: Re: License Validation Web Application
> To: cc-metadata at lists.ibiblio.org
>

> Who needs KaZaA and ShareAza when you have LimeWire? :)
> If anyone is interested in following the development of the CC
> integration with LimeWire, you can go to www.limewire.org and check out
> the source code.  The code is on the branch called
> read-display-cc-license-branch .  Free Software all the way folks....

Yeah, i know, free-as-in-freedom software is good. I was referring
to the fact that it would be nice if the big guys used a similar feature.

Limewire is cool for being the first to start work on practical
full-functional
(CC)-aware P2P, a major 'barganing chip' as the RIAA starts it's next
round of lawsuits.