Metadata in Images / Photoshop file information

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Mon Jul 21 13:00:11 EDT 2003

Hello List
A lot of artists, photographers, graphic designers etc. are using
photoshop for working with digital images.

Photoshop has a menue-entry  "file information" for storing metadata
information with the image.
(I´m using the german version where it is called "Datei Information")

It would be very helpful to collect information at Creative Commons how
to use this possibilities in the field of digital images and Creative
Commons Licenses.

This metadata works also with JPEG, TIFF, EPS and PDF Files. So
it is nothing special from Adobe.

There are different entries possible e.g. for
- author
- Filename incl. Version Nr.
- license name
- URL for license full text

and several additional entries

There should be several applications on the market incl. search engines,
which are able to read and index this metada. At the moment, I don´t
know, where to find more informations about such applications / search
engines

:-) Jan-Peter

--

colormanagement.de ---------- fon/fax +49 30 611 075 18