Usage question for cclookup and cctag

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Mon Jul 14 16:43:23 EDT 2003

Ryan Booker wrote:
> Thanks.  Piece of cake.

That's a pleasant surprise.

> Luckily I have gentoo that manages all these packages nicely.
>
> They have a script that runs ontop of CSPAN and retrieves all the
> packages automatically, check's if their in portage etc.  Very simple
> really.

Great idea piggypacking CPAN on CSPAN's bandwidth.  I suppose political
speeches contain very little information (i.e., are highly
compressible), leaving plenty for useful stuff, like transmitting Perl
modules. :-)

> I've replaced the TCOP and SHA.  All seems to work fine now.  The
> discography page is still a placeholder while I develop the new site,
> but ccloopup.pl likes it.

Looks great and it works!

Just one (optional) thing you had in the RDF previously that I think
will prove useful:

<dc:identifier>http://www.buzzeddie.com/inc/data/mp3/The_Buzzeddie_Family_-_Talking_Just_To_Feel_Safe_-_07_-_Pinstripe.mp3</dc:identifier>

It'd also be nice to give the user some indication of what
"verification" means, perhaps by footnoting "Mp3 License Verification".
  Footnote could read something like "Creative Commons
Attribution-NoDerivs-NonCommercial license applies to file(s) noted
above. View page source to see machine-readable license verification code."

--
   Mike Linksvayer