embedding metadata in MIDI?

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Thu Jul 3 13:29:39 EDT 2003

Kevin Shrieve wrote:
> And is that considered to be "machine-readable"?

Yes.  A program can easily extract the license and (more importantly)
license claim verification URLs.  Originally I wanted to recommend
duplicating the latter in a URL-only field (WCOP) for programmer
convenience but decided against it.  See
<http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/cc-metadata/2003-June/000123.html>.

> Is it anticipated that
> a search engine harvesting files with a particular license would use the
> first URL in the "copyright event" as the search criterion?

Applications should follow the second (license claim verification) link
and obtain/index license RDF from there.  Without looking at the
verification page, the first (license url) should be considered ...
unverified.

--
   Mike Linksvayer