[cc-licenses] first compatibility candidate

Sarah Pearson sarah at creativecommons.org
Tue Jul 22 09:05:17 EDT 2014

Together with Copyleft Attitude, Creative Commons is happy to formally
propose the Free Art License 1.3 <http://artlibre.org/licence/lal/en/> as
the first candidate for consideration under the ShareAlike compatibility
process
<http://wiki.creativecommons.org/ShareAlike_compatibility_process_and_criteria>.

Per the compatibility process, we have published a wiki page
<http://wiki.creativecommons.org/ShareAlike_compatibility_analysis:_FAL>
dedicated to the FAL proposal. The page includes an initial comparison of
the FAL and BY-SA 4.0.

Over the next several weeks, we will be seeking public input on this
proposal. Look for specific discussion prompts on this list, but in the
meantime, please feel free to chime in with general comments and reactions.

best,
CC Legal