[cc-licenses] Draft 4 discussion period: license drafts and open issues

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Tue Sep 17 18:50:18 EDT 2013

On Tuesday 17 September 2013 17:57:32 Sarah Pearson wrote:
> Is there a reason you think indicating a URI via terms of service is
> particularly problematic? Why is it worse than indicating a URI in a
> license notice, for example?

One a quick browse, I think his point is that a hosting provider could require
(via their terms of service) you to use a URI of their choosing on your work
rather than one of your choosing. I think it goes along with the point that
terms of service are generally take it or leave it deals and not the subject
of negotiations.