[cc-licenses] questions about attribution

tomislav medak to-me at mi2.hr
Sat May 12 04:16:25 EDT 2012

My experience in working with licensees is that the hardest thing for them
to figure out in attribution is the formulation of license specific
elements: copyright notice, license URI and notices, disclaimers,
warranties referring to the CC license. Part of the problem is also that
these elements are frequently longer than the name, title and URI of the
work. Given that we are now including this list in the license, we should
consider stating verbatim what these attribution elements for that specific
license should read or listing the most typical examples. That will create
a lot of clarity.

I'd also suggest trying to get rid of the URI acronym as it is not part of
the everyday language and potentially some users might not know what it
means. In greatest majority of cases URI will be a URL anyhow.
Alternatively, if URL instead of URI is too narrow, the requirement could
read: "United Resource Identifier associated with the work, such as URL,
ISBN, ISSN, etc."

Tom