[cc-licenses] SA Provision and Games

Matthew Lagoe cyberempires at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 13:30:24 EDT 2012

Currently the language is "...where the Work is a musical work,
performance, or phonogram, the synchronization of the Work in
timed-relation with a moving image is an Adaptation."

One of the major issues for me and the community I work with is that the
wording of the CC-SA liscense is such that it unknown if it would apply to
the use of a work in a game, the stance of CC is that using the art in a
game requires that the other art is shared however it is not clear enough
for everyone who reads it to come to that conclusion.

I recommend modifying the above line to something like: "...where the Work
is a musical work, pictorial work, performance, or phonogram, the
synchronization of the Work in timed-relation with a moving image is an
Adaptation."

Unless someone can come up with a better phrase I recommend pictorial
because it not only helps cover games but it also helps cover video as
well. (Which is another issue some people have had)