[cc-licenses] 4.0d2 ready for comment (BY-NC-SA and BY-SA)

Diane Peters diane at creativecommons.org
Wed Aug 1 21:11:42 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

We are happy to announce publication of draft 2 of version 4.0 of our
licenses for public comment.

Blogpost:  http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/33632

Drafts and related
documentation<http://wiki.creativecommons.org/4.0/Drafts#Draft_2_Details>(BY-NC-SA
and BY-SA only at this time).  Here you can view and download the
comparison chart between 4.0d1 and 4.0d2, and a new chart comparing
attribution and marking requirements across both drafts and 3.0.

Draft 2 Public Discussion Page
<http://wiki.creativecommons.org/4.0/Draft_2>(with summary of changes
and links to more detailed explanations of changes)

We had hoped to publish a few weeks ago, but delayed in order to spend time
on a few issues raised during the d1 public discussion.  Note that we have
produced BY-SA as well as BY-NC-SA this time around, and expect to have
those published in HTML on our website shortly for easier reference.

This public discussion period is shorter, expecting to be completed within
5-6 weeks if possible.  Although we will be focusing discussion on an
identified
set of open issues<http://wiki.creativecommons.org/4.0/Draft_2#Pending_Discussion_Topics>
--
a few of which are carry-overs from the prior discussion period -- input on
other topics is of course welcome.  Key among the topics to be discussed is

Thanks for the productive discussions on draft 1.  We're eager to hear your
feedback on draft 2.

Best,
Diane