[cc-licenses] Most important feature: GPL-compatibility

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Wed Dec 28 22:07:55 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 4:44 PM, Francesco Poli
<invernomuto at paranoici.org> wrote:
>  * CC-by-sa-v4.0 should include an explicit one-way conversion clause
> that would allow redistribution of the work under the terms of the GNU
> GPL version 2 or any later version

That would have some major unintended consequences (at least I think
they're unintended).  For instance, you could take a CC-BY-SA book,
distribute it in LaTeX format under GPL, and then anyone distributing
a copy of the book would have to include an offer for the LaTeX
source.