[cc-licenses] Time limited CC licenses for version 4.0?

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Fri Dec 23 12:57:40 EST 2011

On 23/12/11 07:34, Javier Candeira wrote:

> I can publish my work with a note that says: "if you receive this work
> before date X, it's cc-by-nc, and if it's after date X, it's
> cc-by-sa". We don't need new licenses. At most, we need new deeds, if
> at all.

We also don't need to gift a future CC with a moral panic when
everyone's CC+7 (or whatever) works are about to enter the public domain.

Founders' Copyright may not have seen mass adoption but it was certainly
promoted and some of CC's critics (honestly or not) confused it with
CC's main licences.

The market has already rejected this idea IMO, and it doesn't build a
commons *now*.

- Rob.