[cc-licenses] Time limited CC licenses for version 4.0?

Gregor Hagedorn g.m.hagedorn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 11:36:52 EST 2011

> Yes, the title of this thread is confusing.  These shouldn't be
> referred to as time-limited licenses.

Agreed, my initial error!

Agreed. I also question the need for new licenses.
> I can publish my work with a note that says: "if you receive this work
> before date X, it's cc-by-nc, and if it's after date X, it's
> cc-by-sa". We don't need new licenses. At most, we need new deeds, if
> at all.

I agree in sofar as I think we need less licenses: less attraction to the
NC-license. Removing the NC license altogether is not a fair idea, but
limiting it to time-limited-NC-condition only seemed a good compromise to
me.

Also, many platforms support multiple CC license, none that I now supports
what you describe. If you are an expert, or owner of your own platform, yes
you can do it of course.

Gregor