[cc-licenses] Time limited CC licenses for version 4.0?

Gregor Hagedorn g.m.hagedorn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 03:08:19 EST 2011

> The work can't "fall back into" ARR copyrights status as the cc licenses
> don't
> expire. (That's how I read it at least.) You could set a time limit for one
> license to move to another though.
> copyright or privacy rights.

A new time-limited licenses would have to have an expiration clause as part
of the deed and legal text.

Time limited licensing is very common, e.g. the reason why some works
cannot be displayed any more - I am just thinking of the examples in "Bound
by Law", Aoki et al.).

I think an "EXP" notices that refers to another license is confusing, see