[cc-licenses] Time limited CC licenses for version 4.0?

Parker Higgins parkerhiggins at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 17:22:37 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Heather Morrison <hgmorris at sfu.ca> wrote:

> Thank you for this clarification, Gregor.
>
> I think that what I mean to suggest is a limited time for the CC license,
> after which the item would go to the public domain rather than fall back
> into copyright.

These proposals remind me of an older, now-defunct CC tool called Founder's
Copyright, which was limited to 14 years with a possible 14 year extension.
Obviously that is no longer promoted, if it still even exists.

Mike, it looks like its earlier URL is now gone:
http://www.creativecommons.org/projects/founderscopyright. I've found some
press releases about it and such. Maybe talking about what didn't work with
timed licenses would be illustrative in a discussion about implementing
them now?

Thanks,
Parker

--
parker higgins
san francisco, ca

http://parkerhiggins.net

gmail / gchat: parkerhiggins at gmail.com
twitter / identi.ca: @thisisparker
skype: thisisparker

please consider software freedom before reading this e-mail on a
proprietary platform