[cc-licenses] Time limited CC licenses for version 4.0?

Valentin Villenave valentin at villenave.net
Wed Dec 21 19:37:18 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 1:28 AM, Mike Linksvayer <ml at creativecommons.org> wrote:
> In sum, I find the idea interesting in theory, I'd guess there's a
> high hurdle for demonstrating that it would likely be beneficial
> enough to include in 4.0, and welcome attempts to do so. The most
> convincing attempt would be to immediately get some major NC <= 3.0
> licensors to make independent commitments to dropping NC after some
> short number of years. :)

As someone who's been using -NC in the past and is now in the middle
of relicensing everything under BY-SA or FAL, I have to say this line
of thought does sound familiar. I think Gregor's idea is bold and
interesting, and certainly deserves to be carefully considered (it
somehow meets the rationale I once suggested to rms, which he
mentioned at the end of
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/pirate-party.html ).

Cheers,
Valentin.