[cc-licenses] CC licenses version 4.0: some thoughts on noncommercial

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Wed Dec 21 10:36:31 EST 2011

On Tuesday 20 December 2011 14:31:32 Heather Morrison wrote:
> I strongly advocate for understanding the need for creators to make a
> living, and including those who share as much as they can while reserving
> some rights so that they can make a living in the commons.

This is very confusing. Is it a commons or not. Do people share the works in
common or not?

NC is not a commons way of sharing. One person gets to make money the rest of
the world does not. This is in no way sharing the work in common is it?

Can you explain exactly what you mean here and perhaps give some more concrete
examples?