[cc-licenses] CC licenses version 4.0: some thoughts on noncommercial

Gregor Hagedorn g.m.hagedorn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 05:23:47 EST 2011

> My personal preference is for CC-BY-NC-SA in which NC would apply only
> to tangible media. So printed books, music CDs, film DVDs, ... could
> be only sold by or on behalf of a creator while "virtual" versions of
> those (e-books, mp3 files, ...) would be handled pretty much like they
> were licenced under CC-BY-SA. I have no idea if this could be
> implemented.

This may be a good idea for a NEW license, but I think it is not a
possible interpretation of the existing NC license.

Also tangible media may be quickly disappearing in favor of digital
distribution channels.

Gregor
--
Dr. G. Hagedorn

This communication, together with any attachments, is sent on a
personal basis. It is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is
addressed. Redistributing or publishing it without permission may be a
violation of copyright or privacy rights.