[cc-licenses] New on the list - suggestion for extra option in cc-licenses

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Fri Jan 23 14:57:59 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 7:02 AM, Joeri Oudshoorn <mail at joerioudshoorn.nl> wrote:
> Can I suggest one extra option to choose in any cc-licenced work. This
> option would be that the user is obliged to inform the author of the
> use. It would be a reversed BY, where not the reader is informed of
> the author, but the author of what is done with his work or where it
> has been published. I suggest the code 'IN' - from inform author.

The answer is both that it isn't going to happen and that attribution
with a link gets you the same functionality and more, without the
problems.  See previous discussions, including:

http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/cc-licenses/2005-October/002727.html
http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/cc-licenses/2005-November/002987.html
http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/cc-licenses/2005-November/002998.html

Further discussion should probably go to cc-community.

Thanks!
Mike

--
 http://support.creativecommons.org help us