[cc-licenses] CC0 beta/discussion draft launch

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Fri Jan 25 14:32:14 EST 2008

On 24 Jan 2008, at 20:00, Mike Linksvayer wrote:

> Actually one *can* just link to the PD dedication. It's easy enough to
> copy or create the code to do so.  And, as I said, the work isn't
> really dedicated until the notice is published.  At least if you go
> through the process and click through the emails without publishing
> the notice, nothing happens. :)

And (sorry for posting so much) I wanted to post the actual text of
the public domain confirmation email from CC for reference:

This is a record of a Public Domain Dedication.

On January 25, 2008, me dedicated to the public domain the
work "test." Before making the dedication, me
represented that me owned all copyrights in the
work. By making the dedication, me made an overt act
of relinquishment in perpetuity of all present and future rights under
copyright law, whether vested or contingent, in "test."

me understands that such relinquishment of all rights
includes the relinquishment of all rights to enforce (by lawsuit or
otherwise) those copyrights in the Work.

me recognizes that, once placed in the public domain,
"test" may be freely reproduced, distributed, transmitted, used,
modified, built upon, or otherwise exploited by anyone for any
purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and in any way, including by
methods that have not yet been invented or conceived.

Thanks!

~Jordan

____
Mr. Jordan S Hatcher, JD, LLM

jordan at opencontentlawyer dot com
OC Blog: http://opencontentlawyer.com
IP/IT Blog: http://twitchgamer.net

Open Data Commons
<http://opendatacommons.org>

Usage of Creative Commons by cultural heritage organisations
http://www.eduserv.org.uk/foundation/studies/cc2007