[cc-licenses] CC licenses appropriate for composite content including code?

Becker, Gene gene.becker at hp.com
Fri Feb 2 20:20:40 EST 2007

I would like to use CC licenses for publishing a composite type of
interactive content, which may bundle together images, audio, video,
text, and code (scripts) into a single piece of content.  I'm trying to
determine whether this is an appropriate use of the CC model, and also
whether there are any useful precedents for similar usage.  In
particular I know that CC does not recommend putting software under a CC
license, and my pieces will sometimes contain a substantial amount of
scripted code.

It seems to me that my case is not too different from a web page
composed of text, images, CSS and HTML code.  Also similar to a
multimedia presentation with SMIL markup, for example.

Any thoughts/insights greatly appreciated.

Gene Becker
HP Laboratories
gene.becker at hp.com