[cc-licenses] choosing a new license at freesound, please help

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Sat Oct 28 20:55:58 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 12:20 pm, Bram @ Freesound wrote:
> Hello Terry,
snip

> > ShareAlike is a far better option if you want to preserve the "freeness"
> > of the work.
>
> But, this means no commercial artist could ever use (those) freesound
> samples for a commercial album (without giving the songs away for free
> as well). Isn't this exactly one of the things CC is trying to avoid (
> i.e. the wrath of the "commercial" world ;-) )?

Just a point of clarification. This is absolutely incorrect. Just as people
can contact copyright holders for broader permissions on works licensed NC,
they can do the same for works licensed BY-SA.

snip again.

>   - bram

(da idea man)
National Novel Writing Month
http://www.nanowrimo.org/index.php
Join me and write a novel in 30 days! Dont delay!