[cc-licenses] choosing a new license at freesound, please help

Jonathon Blake jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 21:03:21 EDT 2006

Greg wrote:

> > I can take your CC-By-NC sound sample, and use it for a commercial
> > aired during the superbowl, with the original creator being unable to
> > claim "fowl"?

> One of us, you or me (I'm not sure which),
> has a complete misunderstanding of what
> the CC-NC license allows and does not allow,

Until a couple of days ago, I would have thought that such a situation
was impossible.  Then the NC Licence and CC Guidelines were walked
thru, to demonstrate how to do it.

How to do it is extremely  non-obvious, but is within the bounds of
botht eh NC Licence, and CC Guidelines on what the NC part
means/implies. [Step one is to grok how NC linced materail can be sold
at the retail level, by an organization.   Only after that does it
become possible to grok how a commercial can be acceptable use, under
an NC licence.]

xan

jonathon
--