[cc-licenses] choosing a new license at freesound, please help

Greg London email at greglondon.com
Wed Oct 25 20:58:21 EDT 2006

> Some freesound samples are long ( > 3 minutes ) of sounds "observed" by
> someone on the street. I don't know if there is any legal difference
> between the 100 millisecond sound of a bass drum and 3 minutes of the
> sound of children playing in the fairground.

I swear I recall reading somewhere long ago that a sound
recording of a thunderstorm or waves crashing on a beach
was not copyrightable because there was no human expression
involved.

Other sounds from people and such might get covered,
but I thought there had to be some level of human
"expression" to be copyrightable.

--
Take the Courage Vow
http://www.couragevow.com/