[cc-licenses] Yet more on NC

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Tue Oct 17 08:58:58 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 04:57 am, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> On Oct 12, 2006, at 18:57, Discussion on the Creative Commons license
>
> drafts wrote:
> > Henri wrote:
> >
> > People are learning what a commons is.
>
> By creating NC, CC itself is making the learning phase hard. Besides,
> we might not get out of the learning phase unless CC has the guts to
> say to its NC "institutional partners" that NC was a mistake and
> needs to be deprecated and rebranded so that it doesn't enjoy the
> same brand image as the licenses without NC.

Once again I will ask for an official response from CC, even if that response
is "NO" or "We will consider it later", to my request for a Free CC brand
that those of us concerned with Free Works can promotea and band together
under.

(da idea man)
National Novel Writing Month
http://www.nanowrimo.org/index.php
Join me and write a novel in 30 days! Dont delay!