[cc-licenses] New Generic and ports

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Tue Oct 10 09:35:35 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 10 October 2006 08:56 am, Rob Myers wrote:
> drew Roberts wrote:
> > So? You don't want to freely share the message. You don't want to freely
> > share the good news?
>
> I agree with most of your critique but I think this is a little unfair.
> Sharing news, good or otherwise, costs money. And libre != gratis.

Perhaps, but see the confusing claims... It is not about revenue, but about
wide distribution. It will cut off the revenue stream... etc.

The actual goal needs to be clearly definded before hand if there is to be
some sense to the whole. That said, people can do what they will.

I do know that libre != gratis. I was arguing for libre here. If on re-reading
you find that is not so, I will try and restate correctly.

"For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that
treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward."

These can be difficult to sort out.

> - Rob.

(da idea man)
National Novel Writing Month
http://www.nanowrimo.org/index.php
Join me and write a novel in 30 days! Dont delay!