[cc-licenses] cc licenses and youtube

Mia Garlick mia at creativecommons.org
Thu Oct 5 19:06:03 EDT 2006

hey alek,

obviously if a cc licensor posts to youtube there is no issue. it's
only if a licensee posts that we need to think about this.  i checked
with mike and his response was that YouTube are not applying a TPM.
they are simply making it difficult to download but not impossible
and there's no real restriction on being able to do so or your usage
after that...