[cc-licenses] PROCEDURAL SUGGESTION

Mia Garlick mia at creativecommons.org
Thu Oct 5 15:53:19 EDT 2006

just to respond on alek's point about "significant institutional
users" of the license - CC does consult various significant
institutional CC licensors including in this instance, PLoS,
BioMedCentral, Yahoo! (for Flickr)...this was also flagged in the
procedure memo that was sent around well before the start of the
public discussion. given the intensity & high volume of the postings
on this list, i don't know that it's useful for us to recommend to
those licensors that they participate in this forum.  fwiw, all have
come back with a thumbs up on the current proposed amendments.