[cc-licenses] PROCEDURAL SUGGESTION

rob at robmyers.org rob at robmyers.org
Thu Oct 5 11:34:37 EDT 2006

Quoting Greg London <email at greglondon.com>:

> Also, one other result of this discussion, I believe,
> is the suggestion that CC could drop the anti-TPM
> clause from the CC-BY license.

Dropping it for derivatives would be different from dropping it for unmodified
work, which BY usually allows to be copied without restriction.

> I would support that change,
> and I believe some other people have suggested it as well.
> Whether CC does that or not, I don't know, but at least,
> they've heard the reasons why.

This might lead to Debian declaring BY but not BY-SA free.

I am not even going to comment on that scenario.

> Debian says they want parallel distribution or they
> won't declare CC-SA to be Free.

To be fair to Debian, I believe that they will consider BY-SA without dual
distribution but that dual distribution would make acceptance a certainty.

- Rob.