[cc-licenses] Detailed discussion, was Re: PROCEDURAL SUGGESTION

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Wed Oct 4 11:39:56 EDT 2006

Terry Hancock wrote:
>  BTW, I think it might be worth noting, based on my earlier comment
>  about self-application of TPM and TPM-application being trivial and
>  invisible: the TK could provide package-specific TPM-wrappers, just
>  as they could proivd

Dang it.  Should've deleted everything after "TPM-wrappers". I'm trying
to reference an earlier point I made about how the anti-TPM rule can be
circumvented by selling wrappers instead of wrapped packages. The
triviality and reliability of TPM-application (as opposed to
binary-compilation) makes this possible. The TK could do something like
this too, with the existing anti-TPM language, as long as it allows
private application of TPM.