[cc-licenses] PROCEDURAL SUGGESTION

Patrick Peiffer peiffer.patrick at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 10:48:35 EDT 2006

dear all,

Speaking as project lead for CC-Luxembourg, came to the same
conclusion a Paul strongly suggested:
* stick with amended generic anti-TPM,
* do not include a new parallel distribution requirement

because parallel distribution
- is too complex in practice
- has only esoteric use cases at the moment,
and:
- the non-exclusive nature of CC allows for nearly every possible way
out of this for licensors anyway, including DRM,
- we don't like to see TPMs restricting CC given rights,
- we're pragmatic and it's only v3.0...

...BUT we really want to port this 3.0 nationally for 2007, so for all
practical purposes of this public discussion, we consider the TPM
question resolved.

regards, patrick, cc-lu