[cc-licenses] CC licenses and Zune DRM are a good match?

Elad Wieder ewieder at creativecommons.org.il
Tue Oct 3 19:31:41 EDT 2006

The first footnote sais: "Zune-to-Zune sharing feature may not be available
for all songs on your device..."
I based my opinion on that.

Elad.

On 10/4/06, Jaroslaw Lipszyc <jl at creativecommons.pl> wrote:

> Elad Wieder wrote:
>
> > Microsoft, IMO, enable the sharing feature only for files downloaded
> > from their new music store (like iTunes)
>
> How you came to this conclusion? Fact sheet i know
> (http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/presskits/zune/docs/ZuneFS.doc) says:
> "Wireless Zune-to-Zune sharing. Zune lets you spontaneously share
> selected full-length sample tracks of your favorite songs, homemade
> recordings, playlists or pictures with friends wirelessly, device to
> device. You can listen to any song you receive up to three times in
> three days. And if you like a song you hear and want to buy it, you can
> flag it right on your device to easily find it later."
> I can't see anything which will support you theory, but maybe you have
> some more recent data?
> greetings
> Jaroslaw Lipszyc

Elad Wieder, Project Lead
Creative Commons Israel
Haifa Center of Law & Technology
Faculty of Law, University of Haifa
Mount Carmel, Haifa 31905, Israel
Tel: +972-4-828-8569 Fax: +972-4-824-0681

http://creativecommons.org.il
http://techlaw.haifa.ac.il