[cc-licenses] ParaDist Questions

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Wed Nov 29 18:38:18 EST 2006

<quote who="Mike Linksvayer" date="Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 02:26:03PM -0800">
> So assuming an digital artifact without digital out is effectively TPM,
> and assuming no parallel distribution, would it be possible for an
> electronic greeting card to comply with a CC license?  By making very
> clear that lack of digital out is not a matter of TPM but of expense,
> e.g., documenting the chip's pinout?

Cheaper technologies are frequently less flexible. Someone might
choose a cheaper technology *because* they want to limit
reusability. The problem is that what we're really after is people
with evil intent. That's hard to nail down in a license.

Later,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results. --RMS