[cc-licenses] Parallel Distribution Statement

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Mon Nov 27 18:53:53 EST 2006

<quote who="Mike Linksvayer" date="Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 11:13:18PM +0000">
> On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 17:54 -0500, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
> > I am not speaking on behalf of the Debian project. I've publicly stated
> > that I think that the current draft text is free and acceptable -- if
> > not ideal and uncontroversial -- as far as Debian is concerned.
>
> That's super mega excellent.

Before you get too excited, it's just my opinion and I may be wrong. But
the projected vote on the GFDL which has similar language and declared
it free. It would be surprising if the project changed its mind on this.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results. --RMS