[cc-licenses] conflicting(?) cc licenses

Bob Morris ram at cs.umb.edu
Mon Nov 27 14:34:42 EST 2006

[I thought I asked this once, but don't find it in the archives and
nobody responded. Apologies if repeated]

I am involved with a research conference that wishes to make its
accepted papers available under something like *Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5
but also make some images---including images that may be embedded in the
papers---available under a non-commercial license such as
**Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 or possibly
**Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5.

Do our wishes conflict? How should we deal with this while leaving the
owners the least work to permit unfettered commercial attributed
no-derivative use of the papers, but otherwise in commercial control of
the images.

It's possible that we could just go with **Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 for
everything, but in my experience, scientists have a strong (often
unjustified) belief that their beautiful images are of high commercial
value...

Thanks
Bob

*