[cc-licenses] Use Value vs Sale Value of Creative Works

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Tue May 30 08:04:25 EDT 2006

I have been kicking a thought around in my head for the last week or so that
bubbled up as a result of these current discussions on Free Art business
models etc that we have been having.

This link:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/magic-cauldron/ar01s03.html

is to another of ESR's writings and discusses some issues relating to the use
value versus the sale value of software.

Perhaps there are some useful ideas in there for those of us interested in
funding the production of Free Works other than software.

Which people, groups, companies, industries use the sorts of works we are
interested in funding as tools rather than as goods for sale?

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/145261
Record a song and you might win $1,000.00
http://www.ourmedia.org/user/17145