[cc-licenses] Founders as a module? was Re: Getting to Version 3.0

Douglas Pollard Dougpol1 at adelphia.net
Wed May 24 19:15:44 EDT 2006

    Here is a little something from a different perspective as regards CC.
Last year I made up an hour long DVD of living aboard a sailboat in
FortLauderdale and sailing to the Bahamas spending the winter doing all the
things you do on a trip like that and returning To Fort Lauderdale. I didn't
have all the photos I needed and I added music. I didn't worry about
copyright as I was going to give copy's to my kids and no one else..
Everyone including friends that I showed it too really liked it.
    I thought I might remove all the copywrited stuff add CC music and
pictures and put it on line free under CC.  I am finding it almost
impossible to find stuff that I can use because so many pictures film clips
and music have different conditions for use.   I also have not been able to
figure out if it's ok to give credit on a separate page at the end of the
cd. I am beginning to think that CC is not practical for use in something
like I am trying to do. Seems like there should be a different search engine
for each different type of license. If not yet down the road someplace.
Doug