[cc-licenses] CC and performing right orgs (ASCAP, SESAC, BMI)

Paul Schwebel phs at soundmile.biz
Sat May 20 13:27:31 EDT 2006

I'm sure this question comes up regularly, but I just joined the
list, and haven't seen it discussed.

I'm a musician.  I put my music up online under a CC license because
the solution to IP issues is to  make  music freely available for non-
commercial use.

My question is, if I register my songs with ASCAP  will this confuse
the issue?  My thinking is that, since ASCAP collects royalties for
commercial use, and my CC license is for non-commercial use, that
I'm  covered.

Any comments?

Thanks.

-Paul