[cc-licenses] Color-coding, was Re: Getting to Version 3.0

Greg London email at greglondon.com
Thu May 18 19:55:09 EDT 2006

if you took ROYGBIV, flipped it around
to reverse the order, then you'd have
something that is mneumonically memorable
*and* maps so that copyleft is physically
left of copyright.

VIBGYOR

Violet = Public Domain
Indigo = Attribution
Green = Copyleft
Yellow = NonCommercial
Orange = NoDerivative
Red = All Rights Reserved

EULA's and the like can be infrared

You could have vertical color bars
as the logo, and it would map the terms
to their context in several different ways.

I'm one license short to fill up the color
bars, though. Don't know what to put for blue.

Greg

--
Bounty Hunters: Metaphors for Fair IP laws
http://www.greglondon.com/bountyhunters/